This week saw a lot more intensive writing activity than last. I reached my six hours in the first two days. It’s amazing how motivating deadlines are.
I worked on editing for two different contests. One was a fairly easy spit and polish, the other much more significant. I rearranged plot points, changed tense, worked on addressing motivation for multiple characters . . . in all, it was a lot to hold in my head at one time. I did manage to get the stories completed and submitted before their deadlines. Phew!
Next came another deadline-based project. I’m involved in an online writer’s group that does contests sometimes. We’ve just started a summer contest for flash stories. In this case, there was a thousand words maximum word count. It’s quite a challenge to shove a story into that few words. It started easily, then as the word count loomed I spent a good deal of time cutting words out of the beginning to make room for the end.
I’m looking forward to doing a full edit on the story after the contest is done so that I can get it out under submission.
Overall, I ended up spending about 8.5 hours writing this week. Looking ahead to next week!